RITES-OF-PASSAGE FOR GIRLS
ONE-WEEK SUMMER CAMP INTERVENTION PROGRAM
The girls’ camp is dedicated to adolescent girls between the ages of 13 and 17 with a history of being at-risk. A program is designed to provide a bridge for young ladies to successfully transition into responsible adulthood. The rites of passage program advances no singular religious or spiritual belief system. Instead, it supports a holistic approach to foster transformation through mental, emotional, and physical balance.
A comprehensive annual summer camp program dedicated to be a catalyst for transformation in the lives of adolescent girls. The integrated curriculum has workshops and activities to that creates a bridge for participants to become leaders, and role-models in their communities, and tools to aid them to transition into responsible adulthood.
This program is designed for all girls within the age group, but particularly targets at-risk girls, and provides an avenue for change. Funds for scholarship is provided b y private sponsors and other fund-raising activities. Scholarship eligibility is determined by need-based criteria set by the program.
Rites of Passage program is conducted during the summer months between the first week in June through the middle of August. Our goal is for students to return to their lives with a new attitude towards school, peers, parents, and society.
The Rites of Passage offers a 'Beacon of Hope' to teens and pre-teens, enhancing their self-worth, self-esteem, self-confidence and desire to succeed. This program is designed to be a beacon of light to direct young girls into womanhood.
Summer Camp registration begins on January 15, 2018
The Rites of Passage Program is a one-week intense girls program that take place at summer camp. The purpose of this program is to empower at-risk young girls age 13 through 17 with tools to cope in today's changing environment, adapt superior social skills to enhance self and build decision making skills. Candidates will enter the program with insecurities inherent to young girls in this difficult stage of human development. During this one week of intense training, girls will be nurtured and supported,and emerge as a butterfly breaks from its cocoon into graceful maturity, to take on the world fearless and confident.
One-Week Camp includes workshops and activities including but not limited to the following:
- Study skills
- Career Development Skills (Including creating resume, interviews)
- Decision-Making Skills
- Safe Dating
- Keeping it Real About Violence
- Anti-Bullying Education
- Health Skills - Living Life in Balance (Mental, Physical, and Social)
- Etiquette (Table setting, dining, speaking, etc)
- Grooming (Clothing, hair, etc)
- Support Network (Mentoring system monitored by program for one-year)
- Depression and Anxiety Workshop (Coping techniques)
- Quigong, Yoga or Tai Chi
At-risk constitutes children in families with a history of any of the following:
- Family conflict and/or violence requiring frequent law enforcement intervention
- Family dysfunction caused by stress
- Family history of substance abuse
- Poor parental supervision and/or inappropriate or severe discipline practices
- Involvement with the juvenile justice system
- Family history of mental or behavioral conditions including anxiety and depression
- Low income and single parent household
- Teen pregnancy
- Children attending alternative education instutions
- Teens with history of truancy at home and/or school
- History of documented child abuse or neglect
- Parent/guardian with persistent medical problems
Click link to make secure PayPal donation here: